Thursday, January 12, 2012

How this all began....

Since acquiring my first job at the illegal age of 15 (Fazoli's Fast Food Italian...yes, it's true!), I have always had a job, and have worked really hard.  Most of my life, I have had 2 or more jobs at a time...even when I was in college full-time.  None of this was necessary, because I was always given anything and everything I needed or wanted.  My parents have spoiled me my entire life, though I haven't been spoiled rotten.  On the contrary, I recognize and completely appreciate everything they have done for me, sacrificed for me, and given to me.  They are the most amazing people/friends/parents in the world.  But, back to my story....I have always been a hard worker.  I have dabbled in a little bit of everything because I think it's always interesting to learn new things and gain new perspectives... I am a jane of all trades, if you will.  This past year, I was working about 65 hours per week...which left little to no time for myself or my family/friends.  The realization that I didn't know who I was anymore came to a head when I was out to lunch with a friend and was asked the simple question, "what do you like to do?"  I had no answer because I had no idea what I liked to do.  And that's because I didn't do anything but go to work, sleep a few hours, and work again.  It was then that I realized how much of a Zombie I had become.  Not knowing the answer to this question ate away at me until I decided to take control of my life again and figure out what it is, exactly, that I like to do.  Thank God (I'm not religious by any means, but whatever...).  All in all, this blog is a chronicle of my journey in the discovery of what I like to do, and things/people that I enjoy; in essence, it is a (re)discovery of who I am.  This is me, getting back to the real shit.  I invite you to come along with me.  Hopefully I can inspire you, as those around me have inspired me.

No comments:

Post a Comment